Saturday, February 19, 2011

Flash Fiction - The Morning After

God you were so sexy that night. I saw you there, in the club, and it wasn't some deep romantic wave that swept me, it was lust - I felt you in my sex. You wanted me too, I knew it as soon as our eyes met. You smiled at me, and it wasn't friendly, it was pure seduction. I had no question that I was going to end up in your bed, it was just obvious, and I wanted it.

The drinks were a mere formality - to get closer and make sure that the feelings, the desires, were really there and not just some byproduct of the thumping music and strobing lights. Our legs touched under the table and we both jumped a little from the electric charge of that momentary contact. My panties were soaked, and by the way you shifted in your chair I knew yours were too.

I had gotten to the club via the subway and you had a car in the lot. I followed you to it, drinking in the way you walked, the way your hips swayed, the way your auburn hair bounced. You opened the door for me and a giggled, I remember that - I thought it was sweet and almost out of place, we were almost feral with lust by this point.

I guess we were paying so much attention to ourselves and our lust that we weren't paying attention to how many martinis we had, or how fast you were driving. I heard crunching metal, heard grinding and screaming, I felt the car lurch and roll, I felt my back break, heard the pop, legs going dead instantly, then black...

I wheel into your room. I don't know how long it's been, don't know anything but this moment. My legs are dead, completely paralyzed, but I don't care. I need to find you, to see you, to know. You look at me as I wheel in and my questions are answered - the look is still there. The lust is still there. I feel it in my sex, even though I'll never feel my sex again, and I wheel up close. You reache out with your right arm and I can see the bandaged stump of your left, where you lost it just below her shoulder as the car rolled onto it. I see the heavy casts on both on both of your legs. I want you more than ever. You whisper to me 'soon'. I wheel back to my room.

I wheel into the club. The same club where it all started. I'm in a stunning black dress with red shoes that I know I shouldn't have forced onto my dead feet, but the effect is amazing. I wheel in and see you - right where I saw you the first time. You're sitting there wearing a blue dress with sleeves that don't cover your stump, the skirt short enough to give everyone a good look at the leather and steel braces that encase your legs. Fearless. Flawless. Your long auburn hair shimmers in the alternating lights of the dance floor. I wheel over and sit across from you. You smile, and it's still there, the desire, the lust, it burns between us like a bonfire. We both order sodas. You take my hand. We don't say anything.

4 comments:

  1. Just excellent. Can't say anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear god, i think i just wet myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to me! Thank you - I've been waiting so long for another story...my panties are soaked

    ReplyDelete