Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I thought this would be fun!!

Something fun I wanted to try with this new blog. I'm going on Vacation with Heather, to a nice luxurious spa type bed and breakfast holiday. I would naturally like to go as a para, in my wheelchair. Heather would LOVE it if I would spend the whole 5 days blind. Obviously, I can't change my disability in mid-vacation, so what we decide would be what I lived with for just about a full week.

Now, I live as a wheelchair user currently, obviously. I've bene living full time in my chair for well over a year now. However, the longed period of time I've blind-simmed was about 12 hours, I think? and that was all in the familiarity of my own home. So a week as a blind woman, even with Heather there helping, is a pretty scary proposition. It's also very exciting, because blindsimming is a lot different from pretending in a wheelchair. Being blind is a deep, almost primal experience, and I do fingd it very sensual, especially the way Heather cares for me, and her reaction to me when I'm blind. Wheelchair will always be my #1 love, but a blind vacation could be a very fulfilling and exciting experience.

so what does everyone else think??

9 comments:

  1. I think you should take it to it's logical extreme and sim as someone that's very recently become blind. Your cover story is that the vacation is a break from your rehab because you needed cheering up to get over the trauma of becoming disabled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actualyl what we started working on, assuming that I'd have to wear bandages on my eyes. Now that we've found the contacts I think we can get away with just dark glasses, but newly blind makes more sense anyway, since I'm sure I won't be very good at it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how come you have to choose between the two?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello i am chris and i am a disabled man,i think you are so pretty and i love the site.keep on wheeling babe,warm hugs chris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! How about white eye pads taped with lots of surgical tape, so it looks really noticeable - and you can tell strangers you just had your eyes removed, and use your cane to get around. Maybe audiotape their reactions and sympathetic comments...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Simplepleasures. Why should you have to choose between the two?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you considered the wheels and just one blind contact ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. have you considered doing both?

    ReplyDelete